Kits & Games
Acorn Naturalists specializes in developing and distributing science and nature kits and games that promote hands-on, inquiry-oriented learning. Students experience increased retention when manipulative, hands-on resources are provided. For example, research has shown that children dissecting a real owl pellet, for example, will remember the experience in greater detail and for a longer period of time than if they watch a demonstration or click through a pre-programmed computerized exercise. Working directly with actual resources and physically held models and replicas leads to more intense learning that is retained longer. Inquiry learning, with its trial and error approach, taps into the bacic elements of scientific discovery as outlined in the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
- Classification of Minerals Kit (Specimen Collection)$105.95Add to Wish List Add to Compare
- Comprehensive Earth Science Rock and Mineral Specimen Collection (with Test Kit)$106.95Add to Wish List Add to Compare
- Loose Parts Series Collection (Discounted Set of 4 Titles)$119.95Add to Wish List Add to Compare
- Classifying Sedimentary, Igneous, and Metamorphic Rocks Lesson Kit$121.95Add to Wish List Add to Compare
- Earthball® (One Meter Diameter)$109.95Add to Wish List Add to Compare